Boost Your Immunity and Change Your Constitution
Along with acupuncture, moxibustion has a history of over 2500 years as a representative traditional medicine and is still used as a major health care tool in East Asia.
Moxa uses the same energy points used in acupuncture, but the stimulation differs in that it is a chemical and thermal stimulation obtained by burning an herbal substance called mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris, moxa).
Moxa has the effect of adjusting or restoring various functions of our body. This is especially due to histotoxin, a type of heterologous protein that occurs due to small burns when moxibustion is performed directly on the skin. Since this histotoxin gives chemical stimulation to each tissue in the living body, it has been studied that the body’s adjustment or recovery reaction appears.
The effect of direct moxibustion
• Revitalizes cell movement
• Effective for pain relief
• improves blood circulation
• Improve your constitution
• Facilitates the functioning of nerves and internal organs (due to internal organ-body surface reflex)
• Improves blood composition (increased red blood cells; white blood cells; immune substances, hemostasis, prevents acidification of blood)
• Changes hormone secretion (especially adrenal hormones)